When I had my first baby Adam, I had a ton of questions about starting solid foods.
• He didn’t like rice cereal, was oatmeal OK?
• How much protein did he need?
• Should I avoid certain foods if I have allergies in my family?
• Does it really matter if I started yellow fruits before green vegetables?
• Is organic food a better choice?
My list was endless, but the hours in the day weren’t. I didn’t have enough time to read long, technical books and articles about all the latest and greatest nutritional science and my sleep deprived brain wouldn’t have remembered it if I did.
But I had a secret resource…
My sister Christina had just graduated with a Masters of Science degree in Nutritional Science and she was a phone call away. I called her day and night. She knew if I could feed Adam citrus berries and she clued me in about a nutrient that is essential for brain and eye development and the importance of vitamin D. I tried to listen carefully and I wrote everything down on scraps of paper that I promptly lost. Once again Christina came to my rescue. She created the Baby Bistro Box®. Parents were thrilled and the next generation of The Baby Bistro book and The Toddler Bistro book were born.